Use your design skills to change the world!
Rise Against Hunger, formerly Stop Hunger Now, has a new name and a new look — now we need some new gear to match! The hunger movement is powered by the spirit and determination of the people in it. Why shouldn’t our t-shirts be, too?! Send us your ideas for our next t-shirt design and you could win!
- Submit | Dream big; design bigger. Upload your innovative design through the form below for the world to see.
- Judge | Finalists will be chosen based on the number of likes they receive. Share your design to boost your votes!
- Win! | If your design is chosen for print, you’ll win our grand prize and the world gets to buy your art!
- 1st Place: $100 American Express Gift Card + their winning Rise Against Hunger t-shirt
- 2nd Place: $50 American Express Gift Card + Rise Against Hunger travel mug
- Honorable Mention: Rise Against Hunger merch prize pack
Submit Your Winning Design
Having trouble submitting your design?
Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES FOR RISE AGAINST HUNGER’S T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASING ANY GOOD OR SERVICE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
- How to Enter. You may enter Rise Against Hunger’s T-Shirt Design Contest (the “Contest”) between 12:01 a.m. eastern time on Thursday, June 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. eastern time on Saturday, July 15, 2017. You may enter the Contest for a chance to win the prizes listed herein by designing and submitting a new t-shirt design for Rise Against Hunger (also herein referred to as “Sponsor”) that conforms to the requirements set forth herein and submitting such design to email@example.com (the “Website”) along with your phone number, email address, first and last name, and your state of residency. An entrant’s t-shirt design submission includes any content submitted by such entrant including, but not limited to, logos, taglines, and color schemes and all such content submitted to the Website shall be defined as the “Design.” For the avoidance of doubt, “Design” does not include an entrant’s contact information. [Each Design must include “Rise Against Hunger” in text or the “Rise Against Hunger” logo found at http://www.riseagainsthunger.it/media-toolkit/. You are required to comply with the Rise Against Hunger brand guidelines for appropriate colors, messaging, fonts and use of our logo. Rise Against Hunger also suggests that you visit the Rise Against Hunger website at riseagainsthunger.it to get more inspiration from its work and current digital style. Each properly submitted Design that confirms to the requirements set forth herein shall be an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries.” All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on Saturday, July 15, 2017. There is a limit of one (1) valid Entry per eligible person during the Contest. By submitting a Design for Rise Against Hunger to the Website, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules of the Contest (“Official Rules”).
- Publicity. All entrants to the Contest hereby agree to grant Rise Against Hunger permission to use, without additional compensation, such entrants name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph, and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the Internet and picture data storage) which Sponsor may deem appropriate. By entering the Contest, the entrant warrants that the Design is an original work by the entrant, has not been previously published or won any award, and that the entrant is aware of no conflicting rights in the Design or a portion of the Design, including but not limited to copyright or other intellectual property right.
- Design Ownership. Any and all Designs submitted by an entrant to Rise Against Hunger shall be the property of Rise Against Hunger. Each entrant shall assign and hereby does irrevocably assign all right, title, and interest in and to all such Design to Rise Against Hunger. As owner of the Design, Rise Against Hunger shall have the right, but not the obligation, to obtain and hold in its name any and all trademark registrations, copyright registrations, or such other intellectual property protection as may be appropriate to the submit matter. Each entrant shall provide to Rise Against Hunger all reasonable assistance, at Rise Against Hunger’s expense, as may be necessary to perfect or evidence the rights grants in this Section 3, including without limitation by executing and delivering documents reasonably requested by Rise Against Hunger for such purposes.
- How to Vote. All valid Entries submitted to the Website will be uploaded by Rise Against Hunger to the Rise Against Hunger Facebook page found at http://www.facebook.com/riseagainsthunger (the “Facebook Page”) on Monday, July 17, 2017. Such Entries will then be open for public voting on the Facebook Page via the voting process and requirements described on the Facebook Page. Such public voting will start at 9 a.m. eastern time on Monday, July 17, 2017 and will end at 7 p.m. eastern time on Sunday, July 23, 2017 (the “Voting Period”). In order to vote online, voters will be required to login to Facebook and follow the voting instructions on the Facebook Page. Voters are only allowed one vote per day or one vote for the life of the Contest if so specified on the Facebook Page. The use of vote aggregators, vote exchange pages, vote farming or other similar third-party means of soliciting votes is expressly prohibited and all such votes reasonably determined to have been obtained through these methods will not be counted and Rise Against Hunger may elect to disqualify the affected Entry or Entries.
- Finalists. The top three (3) valid Entries that receive the most votes from the public on the Facebook Page during the Voting Period will be deemed the “Public Finalist Entries.” A panel of objective judges with marketing and/or advertising experience selected by Rise Against Hunger will also select their top three (3) favorite valid Entries during the Voting Period (the “RAH Finalist Entries” and, collectively with the Public Finalist Entries, the “Finalist Entries”) based on the Round 1 Judging Criteria (as defined below). If one of the RAH Finalist Entries is also one of the Public Finalist Entries, then no additional Entries will be selected as a replacement RAH Finalist Entry.
- Round 1 Judging Criteria. A panel of objective judges with marketing and/or advertising experience selected by Rise Against Hunger will score all valid Entries and select the RAH Finalist Entries based on the Round 1 Judging Criteria (as defined below). The Entries will be judged on the following criteria to determine the RAH Finalist Entries (the “Round 1 Judging Criteria”):
- Creative promotion of the hunger cause (50%)
- Creative promotion of Rise Against Hunger’s name or mark (40%)
- Adherence to the Official Rules (10%)
- Finalists Judging Criteria. After the Finalist Entries are determined, a panel of objective judges with marketing and/or advertising experience selected by Rise Against Hunger will score all Finalist Entries based on the Judging Criteria and the [three (3)] Finalist Entries with the top scores will be selected as “Winning Entries” based on the Judging Criteria on or about noon eastern time on Friday, August 4, 2017. The Finalist Entries will be judged on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”) to determine the Winning Entries:
- Number of valid public votes received (10%)
- Creative promotion of the hunger cause (40%)
- Creative promotion of Rise Against Hunger’s name or mark (40%)
- Adherence to the Official Rules (10%)
- Prizes. The entrant that submitted the Winning Entry with the highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be awarded a Grand Prize, which is one (1) $100 American Express Gift Card and a t-shirt with an adaptation of their Design on such t-shirt. The entrant that submitted the Winning Entry with the second highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be awarded a Second Place Prize of one (1) $50 American Express Gift Card and a Rise Against Hunger travel mug. The entrant that submitted the Winning Entry with the third highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be awarded an Honorable Mention Prize of a Rise Against Hunger prize package that includes a Rise Against Hunger t-shirt, a water bottle, and ear buds. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $120. The approximate retail value of the Second Place Prize is $60. The approximate retail value of the Honorable Mention Prize is $30. The total approximate retail value of all of the prizes is $210. Only the stated number of prizes set forth in these complete Official Rules will be awarded. Because this is a contest of skill, odds of winning depend upon the quality and eligibility of submissions received and the final overall score, as determined by the Judging Criteria for the prizes. The Grant Prize winner and the Second Place Prize winner are subject to American Express’ rules regarding gift cards.
- Entry Guidelines and Restrictions. All Designs submitted in conjunction with this Contest must conform to the following restrictions and guidelines. Any failure to comply with any item in this Section shall result in such entrant’s disqualification from the right to participate in this Contest.
- An entrant must use “Rise Against Hunger” in text and/or the full “Rise Against Hunger” logo found at http://www.riseagainsthunger.it/media-toolkit/ in their Design.
- An entrant must have written permission from any individual that appears in the Design or other Contest submission to use such person’s name and likeness and to grant the rights set forth herein. No individual under the age of 18 may appear in any manner in the submissions contemplated by this Contest. If Sponsor so requests, an entrant must provide evidence of such permission in a form reasonably acceptable to Sponsor.
Each Design must be in a form acceptable to Sponsor in its sole discretion, which includes .JPEG, .JPG, .PNG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS, or .AI and must be no larger than 60MB in size.
- A Contest submission shall not contain (i) any material that violates or may violate or infringe on another’s rights, including the right to privacy or any intellectual property rights, (ii) content created by a party other than the entrant, (iii) trademarks or brand names that are not the Sponsor’s trademarks or brand names, (iv) unlawful content, or (v) any content that is indecent, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, negative, offensive, racist, discriminatory (in the broadest sense of the word), or obscene all as determined solely by Sponsor.
- No use of stock images or clip art is acceptable as such terms are defined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Taxes. Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on their prize, if applicable. If applicable, a winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution or transfer of a prize shall be permitted except as provided herein.
- No Substitute Prizes. Except as provided herein, no substitution, transfer, or assignment of a prize shall be permitted except in Rise Against Hunger’s sole and absolute discretion. Limit one prize per person. If a prize winner is unable to accept the prize, Rise Against Hunger will not award a substitute prize to such prize winner. If a prize winner is unable to accept the prize, the entrant that submitted the Design in the Entry with the next highest score that is not already a Winning Entry will be eligible to receive the applicable prize. No substitute prize will be given.
- Delivery of Prizes. Prize winners shall be chosen on or about noon eastern time on Friday, August 4, 2017. Sponsor will contact all entrants that submitted a Winning Entry via the contact information in such Entry within ten (10) days of Friday, August 4, 2017 to arrange for delivery of the applicable prize. Any failure to respond to such communication after ten (10) days from the date of notification will mean such entrant that submitted a Winning Entry will forfeit the applicable prize and the entrant that submitted the Design in the Entry with the next highest score that is not already a Winning Entry will be eligible to receive the applicable prize.
- Indemnification and Release. Entrants also agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest harmless from any and all alleged and/or actual actions, demands, losses, settlements (whether or not litigation is commenced), claims, damages, and liability whatsoever, existing now or in the future, with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest or participation in any contest-related activity and/or delivery/mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize including, but not limited to, (A) liability for personal injury, bodily injury (including wrongful death or disability), damage to property, and damage or loss of any other kind, including, but not limited to, any such liability as a result of entrant’s guests/invitees participating in any prize event or experience with the entrant, (B) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software, or (C) for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination of the above. Further, Sponsor and its advertising or promotion agencies, if any, will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s digital devices related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest. Only the stated number of prizes set forth in these complete Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to, but without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human or other error, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and to have the judges mentioned herein select the winner(s) from all eligible Entries received as of the date of termination. Any attempt to deliberately damage any portion of this offer or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates are responsible for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail or entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Contest and prize redemption. Contest void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any of its representatives or affiliates. All winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Sponsor and its affiliates and advertising, promotional or judging agencies, if applicable, from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property (including third parties mentioned or shown in content submitted for this Contest), including, without limitation, personal injury or death, and claims based on publicity rights, intellectual property, privacy or defamation, which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or the offering or announcement of any prize.
- Employees of Rise Against Hunger. Employees and directors of Rise Against Hunger and any participating partner company, their respective parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, judges and legal advisors, and the immediate family or members of the same households of such employees or directors are not eligible to submit Entries or win a prize. Immediate family is defined as husband, wife, children, mother, mother-in-law, father, father-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, brother or brother-in-law. By entering this Contest, or accepting a prize, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Rise Against Hunger, which are final and binding in all respects. Rise Against Hunger assumes no responsibility for the lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible or altered entries.
- Eligibility. This Contest (and thus submittal of Entries) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. All employees, board members, officers, representatives, agents, and consultants of Rise Against Hunger are disqualified from accepting a prize or submitting an Entry.
- Void Where Prohibited by Law. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND RHODE ISLAND OR OTHER STATES WHERE VOID AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Dispute Resolution. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant hereby agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively, by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and shall be held at the AAA office located in Raleigh, North Carolina; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so a portion of the above may not apply to you. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of North Carolina, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.
- Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant or person from participating in the Contest if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant or person to be tampering with the entry process, the voting process or the operation of the Contest, or if such person repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to, circumvent these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant, the general public and/or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine legitimate operation of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Rise Against Hunger reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsor. The “Sponsor” of this Contest is Rise Against Hunger located at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612.
- Winner List. To request a prize winner list (available after Friday, August 4, 2017), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received within sixty days after selection date to: Rise Against Hunger at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612. Please specify “T-Shirt Design Contest – Winner List” on the outer envelope.
- Questions. If you have any questions about this Contest, please contact Tom Barbitta, Chief Marketing Officer, at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612.
- Official Rules. The Official Rules are available at www.riseagainsthunger.it/design. A copy of the Official Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.
- Facebook Release. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Each entrant is providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Each entrant hereby releases Facebook from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with this Contest.